bettylouise

Introduction Bettylouise

I am a Senior Citzen. I have read all my life. Currently I an reading mostly mysteries. I like cozies. This web is new to me. Since I am looking my eyesight, I read mostly on my Kindle. I do have paperback books to read when my Kindle is charging. This year I decided to write reviews and have been putting them on Amazon and Goodreads.

I do not have a Facebook or Twitter accounts. I do have a Google+ one and belong to Yahoo reading groups. Married over 50 years. I do have a Bengal Cat named Kato who is now 11 years.

Recently I have found 3  New authors that I enjoy. One is Karen Musser Nortman. She has a camping series out. The first one is BATS AND BONES. The one I like is THE BLUE COYOTE. The other one is PEETE AND REPETE.

I will discuss the other later.

Dogs & Murder

A Shot in the Bark: A Dog Park Mystery (Lia Anderson Dog Park Mysteries) - C.A. Newsome

This has an unusual format. It combines mystery and romance but it doesn't flow smoothly. It like reading two different books. I did like the format writing the murderer thoughts along with the story. The story has a number of twists that will keep you guessing until the end.
The protagonist, Liz friends the body of her boyfriend at the Dog Park. She is in shock and is found by others looking at the body. Liz convinced the detective to give Molly, the boyfriend's dog a home. There are instructions are new dog owners should handle there new friend. It becomes apparent that the killer frequents the Dog Park.
This is a new author for me and yes, I'll read the next book